The Peacock’s Eye Glyph
Peacock’s eyes are composed of loops (water), containing whorls (air), in teardrop shaped pockets. This evocatively exquisite pattern is the only glyph formation in five element chirology with dual rulership of two elements. The influences exerted are evolved by blending the meanings of both loops and whorls. The deep feeling responses of fascination and inspiration that associate with loops, are taken to another level under the influence of the discerning whorls that lie pocketed in their folds. Peacock’s eyes open portals of perception for their owners, who have, in their “extra eye”, the gift of insight; they experience visual and conceptual imagery that could enable them to look, with eyes of wonder, at life. Bearers of this marking find their place in the fields of decorative or fine art or design. However, a certain precision in their work will show up no matter what their job. Peacock’s symbolise beauty, prosperity, royalty, love, compassion, transmutation, the soul, and peace. Perhaps this is why the ancient lore of palmistry has long ascribed protection and luck to this, arguably the most divine of the skin ridge patterns. One triradius supports the loop part of the pattern. At the bottom of the whorl, is a second, smaller triradius.
- A beautiful pattern that is composed of two different types of glyphs.
- Peacock’s eye’s are called ‘composite’ glyphs.
- A loop contains a whorl in a teardrop shaped pocket, supported by one triradius. Skin ridges also converge inside the loop, under the whorl.
- Tradition say those with this pattern on a finger will have luck in a dangerous situation and certainly a sense of self-preservation.
- With this ‘extra eye of perception’, owners have a discerning eye, design flair and high degree of power of observation.